The Innovation York team can help academic researchers navigate the industrial landscape and find industry partners to support innovative research collaborations.
How does the industry liaison process work?
- Contact Innovation York with any questions you may have about the industry liaison process.
- Submit a completed and signed Project Disclosure to Innovation York.
- Meet with an Innovation York team member to discuss your project.
- A scan of the market will be conducted by Innovation York to identify suitable industry partners.
- Innovation York will contact potential industry partners to determine their interest in your project.
- Innovation York will execute a confidentiality agreement between York and the interested industry partner, so that you can discuss your research project and partnership needs freely.
- Innovation York will set up a meeting with the industry partner in order to determine whether a partnership could be formed and will provide advice on potential funding mechanisms that could be used to support the partnership.
- Innovation York will execute the research agreements required to move the partnership forward.
To ensure that we identify the best industry partner for your project, Innovation York may work with ventureLAB™ to leverage their strong industrial network within the York region. In addition, we will leverage existing relationships with companies and contact companies in order to develop new relationships to support your research projects.